Sunday, October 11, 2009

i have been thinking about the movie over the weekend...

Over the weekend I have been thinking about the movie, I understand we were asked to compare and contrast to our own personal views or the current views in the U.S.
The Road to love was an interesting movie and open my eyes into a life of a man becoming his true self- It was an insightful struggle of one mans own personal experience. As, for the question that was asked of me in class I'm unsure on how i feel about my answer- I would rather answer the second part with comparing and contrasting to current views rather than my own. Moreover the current issue like equal rights or whats happening with the people as a mass.
A "Road to Love" was from an interesting perspective from one man, but he was speaking french, the people he was interviewing weren't even answering the questions that were asked; some of which were good questions. I think the "Road to Love" more on the lines of a personal, self quest, and or love story.
So, i did some Googling and this is what i found out...

In the U.S President Obama has been slacking on the issue of Gay Rights in a current speech given protesters have let their voice be heard saying comments like, " It's interesting to me that a man who comes from an oppressed race doesn't just do it, with a swipe of a pen," said Barnes, 43, of Fresno." http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/10/11/BAAD1A48IB.DTL&tsp=1

And yet i went to official White House website and its not even on the issues board 22 other issues fall before it.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/issues/additional/

I also did some looking around and found the closest current information that i could, the website popped as as GAYMIDDLEEAST it houses a home for many different topics such as what the news is saying, jokes, real life stories (something along the lines of A Road To Love."
I also found out that most websites are enter as you dare. GME also gives updates in different countries most articties are dated a couple years back, i did check BBC news and there is an interesting video from a earlier in the year news.bbc.co.uk ( i couldn't get the link thingy to work :-/ ) Anyways... I hope others who wanted more current of an event i hope this something to spark your interest. :-)

I am happy that Andy had brought this important topic into our classroom and i will continue to follow this topic, with anticipation of what will come.

3 comments:

  1. Terrific to see your research. I am curious what we can find on the web on this topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked that you did some outside research for this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate your positive attitudes toward the subject and I also liked that you brought in outside resources!! I'm going to be checking those for information for my second paper!!! Thanks!!!
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete